Friday, August 29, 2008

Palin by comparison


Some comments about the Palin decision on jezebel:
She's Dan Quayle in drag. (my contribution)

I'm afraid her vagina and mine have to agree to disagree.

I will not cut off my nose to spite my vagina.

You mean you won't cut off your vagina to spite your nose.

Margaret Thatcher. Kim Campbell. Condoleeza Rice.

Like my momma said when she found out, "something in the milk ain't clean!"

Every fact I've heard about her today says she stands against everything I believe in. I think I have more common ground with Karl Rove.

"McCain Vagina 2008." I'm not inspired, I'm offended.

Two X chromosomes does not a woman-positive candidate make!

Palin = Harriet Meiers 2.0.

My vagina doesn't vote . . . my brain votes, and it really hates McCain hiding his horrible policies behind another person's vagina.

I drink a lot when the campaigns are on . . . Otherwise I would get a divorce or kill my husband.

I had a polling place at my house once. I believe this qualifies me AT LEAST for Attorney General.

She is no friend of the polar bears either.

Palin is to women what Clarence Thomas is to African Americans.

"Ma'am, I know Hillary Clinton. Hillary is a good friend of mine. And you, ma'am, are no Hillary Clinton."

*
MoveOn just sent a crash course around about her via e-mail. For anyone on the fence/needing more info...


Who is Sarah Palin? Here's some basic background:

* She was elected Alaska's governor a little over a year and a half ago. Her previous office was mayor of Wasilla, a small town outside Anchorage.
* Palin is strongly anti-choice, opposing abortion even in the case of rape or incest.
* She supported right-wing extremist Pat Buchanan for president in 2000.
* Palin thinks creationism should be taught in public schools.
* She doesn't think humans are the cause of climate change.
* She's solidly in line with John McCain's "Big Oil first" energy policy. She's pushed hard for more oil drilling and says renewables won't be ready for years.
* She also sued the Bush administration for listing polar bears as an endangered species--she was worried it would interfere with more oil drilling in Alaska.

4 comments:

Collin Kelley said...

And she also supported having an anti-gay marriage amendment added to Alaska's constitution. She allowed benefits for same sex partners only because she thought the state might get sued. So, add anti-gay.

Amanda Laughtland said...

I am curious to see the actual Vogue pics. I suppose they'll turn up online sooner or later.

And I read that the Constitutional amendment against same-sex unions is a plank in the Republican platform. Yech.

Kathy Bray said...

Palin is Jerry Springer's wet dream. A former beauty queen wanna be with a 17 year old pregnant daughter who likes to hunt? Have they found the trailer park she's from yet?? FABULOUS!!!

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Yeee-Haaa!
Thanks for this list, Kate.
I knew quite well of Ms. Palin, but it's fun (make that uh, scary) to see it all listed!
Peace, kid.